The Introductory Guide to the TOEIC Test is the first book (320 p.) in a two-level series designed to help students improve their TOEIC test scores. It is designed for high-beginning and low-intermediate students - students whose score on the test is below 600.
Seven lessons cover the seven parts of the test. Each lesson includes :
• Introduction - an explanation of the format of that part of the test
• Tips - hints to help learners get the best possible scores
• Preview Test - a hands-on introduction to that part of the test
• Testing Points - an analysis of important language points tested
• Skill-Building exercices - activities that build the skills needed to achieve higher scores
• Review Test - consolidation of everything studied in the lessin
Bruce Rogers' work as a broadcast journalist has been seen on CBC Television, TVOntario, The Knowledge Net, and Global Television. Radio listeners know his work on CBC, CFRB, CJEZ, and other stations in Toronto and Ottawa. Rogers has taught in Ryerson's Journalism and Radio Arts programs, and is himself a graduate of both programs (1955 and 1964). He has shared his insights and enthusiasm as a speaker and in workshops and seminars across Canada. Rogers is known for his work on such radio and TV programs as "Moneysworth" and "Moneysense," "The World at Six," "The Rogers Report," "Radio Noon"... Bruce taught ESL and test preparation courses at the Economics Institute at the University of Colorado, USA, since 1979. He has also taught in special programs in Indonesia, Vietnam, Korea, the Czech Republic, and Egypt. In addition to this new edition, he is the author of Introductory Guide to the TOEIC Test and The Complete Guide to TOEIC Test, both with Thomson ELT.