This programm is designed to provide students with the strategies and practice required to improve their scores on the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC). It is up-to-date for all recent changes made to the TOEIC exams.
• Each lesson covers the seven parts of the new TOEIC Test and includes "Format," "Tactics," "Preview Test," "Testing Points," "Skills-Building Exercises," and a "Review Test."
• "Listening Comprehension" and "Reading" sections reflect the updates in the new test.
• A Q & A section provides background information on the test plus a clear outline of the new test format.
• "Eight Keys to Higher Scores" suggest ways to prepare for the exam, and give overall strategies for taking the TOEIC Test.
• An Audio Script and Answer Key booklet contains scripts for the listening material and answer keys for all the exercises and tests.
• An Audio Program uses the wide variety of accents included in the "Listening Comprehension" section.
• An updated "Getting Started" section provides a detailed outline of the new test.
• Two complete Practice Tests simulate actual tests in terms of format, content, and difficulty.
Bruce Rogers' work as a broadcast journalist has been seen on CBC Television, TVOntario, The Knowledge Net, and Global Television. Radio listeners know his work on CBC, CFRB, CJEZ, and other stations in Toronto and Ottawa. Rogers has taught in Ryerson's Journalism and Radio Arts programs, and is himself a graduate of both programs (1955 and 1964). He has shared his insights and enthusiasm as a speaker and in workshops and seminars across Canada. Rogers is known for his work on such radio and TV programs as "Moneysworth" and "Moneysense," "The World at Six," "The Rogers Report," "Radio Noon"... Bruce taught ESL and test preparation courses at the Economics Institute at the University of Colorado, USA, since 1979. He has also taught in special programs in Indonesia, Vietnam, Korea, the Czech Republic, and Egypt. In addition to this new edition, he is the author of Introductory Guide to the TOEIC Test and The Complete Guide to TOEIC Test, both with Thomson ELT.